‘Some people spend more time planning their next holiday than planning how to secure their next job!’
Tips for job searching:
- Searching for a new job is a job in itself!
- Create a job seeking plan and track activity
- Target opportunities that are a match for your skills and experience
- Select industries and companies that attract you
- Create your personal communication plan to talk to prospective employers
- Keep your search broad and utilise a variety of sources – online job boards, print advertisements, company websites, social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter)
- More than 60% of new jobs are not advertised and up to 80% of job seekers find their next role through networking and the magic words, ‘I wonder if you could help me?’
- Be resilient and don’t give up!