- Quality brand and state of the art Designs
- Work close to home and enjoy work / life balance
- Great team environment
- Opportunity to progress
Millbrook Homes, a leader in the luxury home building sector, is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to join the team.
While working within the estimating team, you will be responsible for the production of accurate, cost competitive and timely production estimates for a range of projects.
As an experienced estimator your role will require you to:
- Undertake and prepare production estimates, pricing and scope management to enable the submission of quotations/tenders that are fit for purpose, accurate, cost competitive, practical, comply with relevant design, regulatory and Company standards, and meet the client’s requirements.
- Prepare and maintain an accurate schedule, Bill of Quantities (BOQs) and documentation.
- Purchase ordering of materials and equipment in a timely and efficient manner, including project material requirements and consumable requirements.
- Prepare Consolidated Tenders for Production Estimating.
- Inventory management and stock control, maintaining accurate stock levels.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders.
- Issue Variation Orders to tenders.
- Extra To Schedule (ETC) invoice checking, issuing and approval.
- Maintain accurate and detailed estimating information within the systems.
- Conduct comparative analysis on supplier prices.
- Correct usage of the BOQ estimating systems – Timberline, WMs and Excel.
- Liaise with, and obtain input from Construction and Production Estimating teams.
- Review and evaluate the performance of suppliers.
- Assist with supplier and contractor pricing enquiries.
- Liaise with suppliers, contractors and internal staff as required.
- Self-checking and checking of information provided by others.
- Checking work both during and at the end of BOQ preparation.
Key experience, skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in construction and/or engineering – or equivalent
- Drivers License
- Over 4 years previous experience in an estimating role within the building and construction industry
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Proficient in the use of Timberline, WMS and/or Databuild
- Ability to transfer information, skills and knowledge to others
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Hands on approach
If this role is of interest to you and you’re keen to know more, don’t delay, APPLY Today!
Ref # NR280518