- Global Power Technologies Company – Australian Renewable Energy sector
- O&M Solar Technician – Site Based Operations & Maintenance (Lilyvale Solar Farm, QLD)
- Young & Emerging Australian Business – Established, Strong International Parent Co.
The Lilyvale Solar Farm is a large-scale grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) solar plant 50KM North-East of Emerald in Central Queensland. Ingeteam, is a global power technologies company employing over 3800 people in 16 countries worldwide. Ingeteam Australia supplied the power stations for this solar farm consisting of large scale inverters, power transformer, LV & MV switchgear and auxillary services panels.
Ingeteam Australia has an exciting position of Operations & Maintenance Solar Technician, available for an energetic and motivated qualified electrician to join the team based at the Lilyvale Plant.
Responsible for the operations, maintenance, commissioning and repair of solar equipment systems
- Work adhering strictly to all Safety, Quality & Environmental systems, procedures & regulations
- Perform corrective, preventative & predictive maintenance including;
- Troubleshooting complicated mechanical & electrical issues on power inverters
- Mechanical & Electrical component maintenance, repair & replacement
- Testing & Diagnostics analysis
- Assist in all areas of site operations with minimal supervision
- Document all work using computer-based service reporting procedures
Will have a minimum of 2 years post-trade experience relating to operations & maintenance or commissioning activities, and your knowledge and skills should include most (if not all) of the following;
- DC electricity, AC electricity and electronics
- Familiar with Voltage Testers, Multi-meters, Amp clamps, Oscilloscopes, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out- Tag Out, fibre-optics, Electric Static Discharge (ESD), Accumulator Charging, soldering, fasteners etc
- Read & interpret electrical schematics & mechanical diagrams
- Basic computer efficiency; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work to project deadlines as needed
- Full Australian Drivers Licence
- Suitability fit & healthy to be able to work outdoors in remote, sometimes extreme QLD climate
- Strong culture and awareness of safety systems and procedures
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right person, to join the strong, growing and exciting renewables energy sector. The Australian business is relatively young, whilst being a part of a major global technologies company, enjoying the financial & technical support of the parent company in Spain. This could be your first step into the future of Australia’s power generation.
Is this your future career?
Apply without delay……..we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Ref # JP090218