About the Business
Our client is a well-established, boutique, client-facing accounting practice with a history in excess of thirty (30) years of working closely with their clients. Located at Norwest, the practice takes a strong problem-solving approach and has an impeccable record of development and retention of its clients. Our client is seeking a self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic Accountant to join their team.
About the Role
In this role, you will be assisting the senior partners and clients with various business, accounting and taxation matters. Your attention to detail, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and multitask will be an asset.
This practice is software driven and so proficiency in XERO and MYOB is essential. Your drive and initiative to be a valuable team member will be viewed highly. You will also benefit from the positive, collaborative team culture.
Reporting to one of the Partners, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial statements and reports
- Preparation of income tax returns for Individuals, Partnerships, Trusts, Companies
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS’s & IAS’s
- Assisting clients directly with their queries related to :
- Income tax and GST concepts
- XERO and MYOB files, including payroll and accounting transactions
- Liaise with government departments including Australian Taxation Office and Revenue NSW and other regulatory bodies
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have the following experience and attributes:
- Degree qualifications in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience within a similar role
- Experience with preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for a variety of entity types
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, XERO, MYOB
- Working knowledge of reporting requirements such as annual TPAR reports, payroll tax returns, Single Touch Payroll, SuperStream, JobKeeper
- A natural flexibility and enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- A real can-do person who is prepared to help in all areas of the business
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please apply now by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter through Seek.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
As this position is permanent full time, it is only available to candidates with unrestricted working rights in Australia.