About the business
Our client is a well-respected Group of Consulting Engineers that run an established multi-disciplinary practice, with offices around Australia.
Head office, close to transport in St Leonards, is looking to restructure their accounts department as a result of business growth.
About the role
Our client is seeking your skills and expertise as a talented Accounting professional to contribute to the overall success of the organisation through daily management of your accounts team in delivering an efficient and effective accounting function across a number of entities within the group. This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right person to have a positive impact and add real value to the group.
Benefits and perks
- Career growth and Development opportunities
- Annual Christmas shutdown
- Recognition and rewards for solid performance
- Close to transport in modern, bright office
Skills and experience
Your strong accounting and operational background gained from 4+yrs experience within either a chartered or similar commercial environment, supported by CA/CPA qualifications will be well regarded.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Daily mentoring and management of a highly capable accounts team
- Transaction approvals
- Weekly review of payroll and PAYG and act as stand in for payroll function if required to cover leave for payroll
- Monthly review of creditors, PAYG and BAS returns
- Annual preparation of FBT and Income Tax returns
- Assist with the annual audit preparation and review
- Provide accounting advice and support to your allocated region as required
- Responding to accounting queries (income recognition, invoicing etc)
- Maintaining the Balance Sheet and P&L across allocated group companies
- Ensure compliance on a national basis
- Continual improvement of the accounting procedures
MYOB experience is important as are excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
You will gain broad exposure to the business including at a senior level and be rewarded and recognised for your contribution.
If you are a motivated person who welcomes new challenges, this is a great opportunity to continue to develop your career. Our client is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for development.
Don’t delay, apply below or via Seek today.