About the Business
Our client is a well-established, boutique, client-facing accounting practice with a history in excess of thirty (30) years of working closely with their clients. The practice takes a strong problem-solving approach and has an impeccable record of development and retention of its clients. Due to continuous growth, our client is seeking an experienced bookkeeper to join their team that may have an interest in extending their work into the accounting and taxation fields.
About the Role
In this role, you will be assisting clients with various business, accounting and GST matters. This is your opportunity to continue to gain a deep understanding of a client’s business and their unique challenges and needs. Your exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and multitask will be an asset, as you assist the senior partners and clients.
This practice is software driven and so proficiency in XERO and MYOB is essential. Your drive and initiative to be a valuable team member will be viewed highly. You will also benefit from the positive, collaborative team culture.
Reporting to one of the Partners, your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of client data to a final trial balance stage
- Preparation of income tax returns for Individuals, Partnerships, Trusts, Companies
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS’s & IAS’s
- Assisting clients directly with their queries related to:
- XERO and MYOB files, including payroll and accounting transactions
- Income tax and GST concepts
- Liaise with government departments including Australian Taxation Office and Revenue NSW and other regulatory bodies
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have the following experience and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience – within an accounting firm preferred but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, XERO, MYOB
- Working knowledge of reporting requirements such as annual TPAR reports, payroll tax returns, Single Touch Payroll, SuperStream, JobKeeper
- A natural flexibility and enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- A real can-do person who is prepared to help in all areas of the business
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please apply below now by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter. For further information, contact the 360HR Norwest Office on 02 8860 9380.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that this role as this role is full, candidates must have unrestricted working rights in Australia.