Our client is a leading global OEM of power technology engineered package equipment, operating in the utility-scale renewable power generation sector.The company’s core focus is to achieve clean, renewable power generation capacity for present and future generations of Australians. The company supplies world-class design, engineering, manufacture, and commissioning of power conversion equipment to large scale solar and wind farm projects nationwide.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join this fast-growing Australian division of a global industry leader.
In this role, you will represent and promote the company’s capability and leverage the success of past and current projects. Your goal is to increase market share and build and develop strong ongoing relationships with clients.
Reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director, you will drive a complex sales process, develop new and strategic business opportunities, and achieve or exceed planned revenue growth and ensure the company’s continuing success in Australia.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Business Development on nationwide opportunities for utility-scale solar power generation projects.
- Utilising knowledge and expertise in renewable technologies to provide comprehensive solutions to clients
- Client and stakeholder engagement to qualify, develop, and win commercial tenders and agreements.
- Financial modelling.
- Pre-tender review and tender response.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Liaising closely with interested parties including consultants, engineers, contractors, and clients to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of projects.
- Plan and implement sales plans and campaigns to secure future opportunities to tender for future projects.
- Manage sales, including negotiating pricing and contract terms, closing contracts, and follow up project delivery and payment.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with experience in a similar role. You will be highly results-driven, target-oriented with a proven track record of business development success with supply of technology-based equipment/service in the power generation, construction, engineering or industrial sectors.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Relevant University Degree (Commerce or Business is desirable).
- Ability to generate new business by articulating the company’s value proposition to existing and prospective clients through highly effective stakeholder engagement.
- Nationally representing the company at industry conferences and trade shows.
- Participating in tender processes for large infrastructure projects (large-scale solar PV projects desirable).
- A solid commercial background in a technology-based industry supported with project delivery experience.
- Build and develop strong ongoing relationships with clients.
- Meet sales targets (revenue and margin).
- Build rapport and influence internal teams to meet deadlines.
- Strong Negotiation and Communication skills.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary package, professional development, positive team & company culture, and the opportunity to grow and flourish with an industry leader in Australia’s rapidly growing and exciting renewable power generation industry.
Interested? Is this you?
Apply without delay, we are reviewing applications as they are received and our client is ready to hire!