About the business
Navarra Venues is a well established and award winning company which encompasses four event venues spanning 45 event facilities, two espresso cafes and a boutique bar and restaurant. We wish to add to our already successful team, and recruitment has begun.
About the role
The role will see you assist and report directly to the Venue Manager across the various outlets. Ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with Navarra Venues Standards, through planning, organising, directing and controlling conferences and events.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing and training all staff on standard operating procedures to maintain a high standard of service.
- Empowering staff to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Maintaining cleanliness standards in outlets including knowledge of food handling and hygiene.
- Monitoring and pre-empting all maintenance work across the whole venue.
- Handling guest complaints with confidence and in a professional manner.
- Responsible for placing orders with vendors and adhering to a purchasing budget.
- Manage staffing schedule in accordance with financial requirements.
- Responsible for managing and inputting inventory on a quarterly basis.
What we will do for you:
- We will provide a positive and supportive working environment.
- Orientation shifts to ensure that you feel comfortable and are aware of the company’s policies and procedures.
- We will encourage you to educate yourself further and enhance your personal development by attending all relevant training courses.
Skills and experience
- Proactive and positive focus with a passion for the hospitality industry.
- Experience as a Conference and Events Manager in a large scale events centre or 4 / 5 star hotel (highly desirable).
- Tertiary qualification in Business and/or Hospitality Management (desirable).
- Attained a current Responsible Service of Alcohol certification (mandatory).
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead a team.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills (both internal and external).
- Exceptional organisational skills and an ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Well-groomed and professional in appearance.
- Commitment with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, over nights, weekends and public holidays.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW using the form below.