- Improvement / Shutdown Project based Role – Illawarra Coal Washery
- Structural & Civil
- Initially 3 months – potential to extend / progress to addition projects
360HR Wollongong is a key provider of engineering & construction professionals to the region’s leading companies. Supporting industrial construction projects in the Mining, Steelmaking & Manufacturing sectors, we are seeking an experienced construction supervisor for this project-based role, with an opportunity to “self-progress” onto additional projects, based on fit & performance.
Scopes – brownfield site supervision of Civil/Structural installations and upgrades in fully operational Coal Handling and Preparation Plant.
This position is based on-site and will be responsible for the supervision and direction of related civil/structural construction activities of the installation contractor. Structural steel and upgrades and some concrete pad remediation. You will provide leadership and direction, ensuring installation and construction activities are carried out safely, to specification, and in a timely manner.
- Supervision of Contractors with WHS Management Plans across all sites.
- Work with the Project Engineer/Manager in the management of packages to the project framework, systems, and processes.
- Engagement of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Coordination of process & schedule, in deadline-driven environments, to meet project timeframe
- Monitor the work in progress against the Scope, WHS, Quality, and the respective “Approved for Construction” Drawings.
You will have exposure to similar brownfield industrial construction project environments and a strong understanding of site construction activities and in addition;
- Trade or relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Significant experience in a similar supervisory role in industrial engineering & construction.
- Knowledge & experience in heavy industrial construction projects – ideally Mining, Materials Handling, Steel, Manufacturing
- Strong team-working skills and capable of wearing multiple hats when required.
Your positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and respect for your team will be essential for success in these roles.
For more information on this position call Jonathan Pelham in our Wollongong office on 0447 420 605.