Our client is seeking a Developer – New Projects to join its team. The company has successfully developed renewable energy projects in Australia since 2004. Their mission is to be a driver of change towards a sustainable energy future for our planet. They do this through the development of cost effective, renewable energy generation and storage solutions refined through technical excellence, commitment to communities, and cohesive company values. The company offers a modern workplace in a regional town in Central Victoria and fosters a strong team culture.
SITE PROSPECTING & LANDHOLDER AGREEMENTS
- Investigate potentially viable renewable energy project sites identified by the Head of Project Development, yourself or other team members.
- Research and understand energy markets, renewable energy resources, transmission and distribution grid networks and the relevant planning, permitting and environmental frameworks.
- Undertake site visits, high-level desktop analyses, and work with GIS and grid team specialists to identify key project risks for each site and develop and communicate risk management options to mitigate project risks to acceptable levels.
- Report to your manager on the results of the initial investigations and recommend sites for further development.
- Work efficiently and effectively with development team, legal resources and landholders to negotiate and secure all land and easements required for utility scale energy parks.
- Initiate contact with landholder(s) to explain impacts and benefits of hosting renewable infrastructure and to gauge their interest in involvement in a renewable energy project.
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with landholders and other key stakeholders in each project.
FURTHER PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & GENERAL
- As projects advance in the development process, further development duties may include project feasibility work; including working with other staff on wind monitoring and energy resource modelling, investigating planning permit and environmental considerations, assisting with the identification of key stakeholders, working with the team to understand any grid constraints, and updating internal project proposals used for decision making.
- Provision of GIS support to the project development and project delivery teams.
- Other duties and tasks as required by management and as advised, from time to time.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Create, maintain and foster a safe work environment.
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures personal health and safety, and that of others in the workplace and the public, where applicable.
- Regularly inspect own immediate work environment and report all hazards or incidents that can cause harm or that represent a threat to public safety.
- Ensure staff always follow safe work practices, procedures, instructions and rules and report and help to rectify potential breaches.
- Ensure that identified risks are reported to executive management and identified risk reduction strategies are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Occupational Health & Safety and Risk Management Policy and Procedures (provided to you upon commencement of employment).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education in a technical, planning and environment, science or social discipline
- Minimum of 3 years in development of renewable energy projects
- Hands on experience in creation of maps using GIS software packages (preferably QGIS)
- Proficient in project management
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- High standard of written and verbal communications
- Can-do solution focused attitude
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, in a project environment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated use of initiative
- Analytical & critical thinker
- Ideally familiarity with FME and/or python programming language
- Ability to use online forums/resources to improve existing work flows
- Ability to relate to, and work with a diverse group of people
- Integrity when securing agreements while being clear about impacts and honest about expectations
- Professional approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident in verbal and written communications with a broad range of people
- Willingness to have open and at times difficult conversations while maintaining a calm and respectful manner
- Positive approach to change
- Flexible in adapting to changing business needs
- Highly motivated
- Know what you don’t know
- Eager to learn and grow, both professionally and personally
To apply, submit your application below. For further information, please contact Peter Landis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0414 456 301.