- Global Power Technologies Company – Australian Renewable Energy sector
- O&M Solar Technician – Site Based Operations & Maintenance (Lilyvale Solar Farm, QLD)
- Site approx. 700 acres – work across whole solar farm (vehicle provided)
- Salaried Role – Full-time Permanent, Mon-Fri, 40hrs per week (typical week)
The Lilyvale Solar Farm is a large-scale grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) solar plant 50KM North-East of Emerald in Central Queensland. Ingeteam, is a global power technologies company employing over 3800 people in 16 countries worldwide. Ingeteam Australia supplied the power stations for this solar farm consisting of large-scale inverters, power transformer, LV & MV switchgear and auxillary services panels.
Ingeteam Australia has a position of Operations & Maintenance Solar Technician, available for an energetic and motivated qualified electrician to join the team based at the Lilyvale Plant. This could be either a permanent full-time career position for those people who live nearby or possibly a DIDO role on a roster.
Scheduled and preventative maintenance & breakdown support across the whole of the solar plant, including the solar panels, combiners, transformers, switchgear and inverter systems. systems. Also looking after the buildings and basic test & tagging of electrical equipment and some mechanical maintenance where required.
- Work adhering strictly to all HSE systems, procedures & regulations
- Perform preventative, scheduled and breakdown maintenance including;
- Troubleshooting mechanical & electrical issues on solar power generation equipment
- Mechanical & Electrical component maintenance, repair & replacement
- Testing & Diagnostics analysis
- Assist in all areas of site operations with minimal supervision
- Document all work using computer-based service reporting procedures
Will have a minimum of 2 years post-trade experience relating to operations/maintenance or commissioning activities, and your knowledge and skills should include most (if not all) of the following;
- DC electricity, AC electricity and electronics
- Familiar with Voltage Testers, Multi-meters, Amp clamps, Oscilloscopes, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out- Tag Out, fibre-optics, Electric Static Discharge (ESD), Accumulator Charging, soldering, fasteners etc
- Read & interpret electrical schematics & mechanical diagrams
- Basic computer efficiency; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work to project deadlines as needed
- Full Australian Drivers Licence
- Suitability fit & healthy to be able to work outdoors in remote, sometimes extreme QLD climate
- Strong culture and awareness of safety systems and procedures
This is a great career opportunity for the right person, to learn and develop new skills and experience in the exciting and fast growing-renewables energy sector.
The Australian business is relatively young, whilst being a part of a major global technology company, with excellent support from the parent company in Spain. This could be your first step into the future of Australia’s power generation.
Is this your future career?
Apply without delay by submitting your resume and cover letter below…….. we will be reviewing applications as they come in. For further information, please contact Jonathan Pelham on 0447 420605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.