- Global power technologies company – Australian Renewable Energy sector
- Electrical Technician role – providing both remote and on-site support to large-scale solar farms (NSW & QLD)
- Young & emerging Australian business – Large multi-national parent company
- Fantastic career opportunity to launch your career in the Renewable Energy sector
Our client is relatively new to the Australian market (approx. 3yrs) and is a part of a global power technologies company with more than 3000 people in 16 countries worldwide. Specialising in power & control electronics, generators, motors & pumps, electrical engineering & automation projects, the Australian business is established in the renewables market and is a major provider of OEM equipment to large-scale solar farm projects across Australia.
The business has already completed several large-scale solar PV projects. However, the pipeline of work is strong looking out as far as at least 2020. A key part of their service is commissioning & troubleshooting the installed equipment (power stations, inverters etc), often in remote areas. We are looking for a qualified Electrician to work alongside the Electrical Engineer, to support clients remotely and on-site at the solar farms when required.
You will mainly be based at their hi-spec commercial offices in the Innovation campus in North Wollongong and will work closely with the Electrical Engineer, to provide remote support to the clients (solar farm operators), and occasionally you will carry out on-site commissioning.
Full training will be given on the equipment and as your knowledge and expertise increases, you could also work on more engineering type work such as the development of engineering proposals including concept design, load calculations etc.
- Experienced Electrician with relevant on-site experience, ideally in power generation with experience in commissioning & troubleshooting
- Willing to work remotely on-site when required
- Industrial maintenance experience from industries such as power generation, mining, manufacturing or construction
- Electrical engineering/technical support capabilities – current knowledge and a willingness to learn and develop
- NSW & QLD Electrician’s licences – highly desirable
- Strong WHS awareness and attitude
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified electrical tradesperson to work in a role that provides both the on-tools practical work, as well as providing a technical support aspect to your role.
This company is young in Australia and this is an ideal opportunity to get on board with a dynamic & progressive organisation, which is fast becoming recognised as a key player in the Australian Renewable Energy market.
Apply below sending your resume and cover letter to Jonathan Pelham.