- Global power technologies company – Utility-Scale Renewable Power Generation (Wind & Solar)
- Electrical Technician role – providing both remote support from the Wollongong office and on-site commissioning and operational support at solar farms (Australia wide)
- Young & emerging Australian business – Large multi-national parent company
Our client is relatively new to the Australian market (approx. 3yrs) and is a part of a global power technologies company with over 3000 people in 16 countries worldwide.
Specialising in power & control electronics, inverter systems, and “power stations” for solar power generation systems, the Australian business operates in the renewable power generation and is a major provider of OEM equipment to large-scale solar projects across Australia. The business is growing, and this role is a part of that expansion and we need an Electrician to join the professional and friendly Wollongong team.
The business has already completed several large-scale solar PV projects, and the pipeline of work is strong looking out for years ahead.
There are two main aspects of your role;
1) Technical support to operational solar farms, involving with troubleshooting the installed equipment (power stations, inverters, etc), mostly remotely from the Wollongong office, and occasionally you may need to fly to site. (Approx. 70% of your time)
2) On-site commissioning of the inverter equipment before the solar farm is energised. This will take you to many remote regions in Australia and is approximately 30% of your role. All travel & expenses covered + a working away bonus payment. (Approx. 30% of your time).
This is a salaried staff position and suits a person looking for a long-term stable role and seeking to become a technical expert in their field. You will receive full training on the equipment and you will become an expert in your field.
- Experienced Electrician with relevant on-site commissioning experience (ideally in power generation).
- Industrial maintenance experience / operational support from industries such as power generation, mining, steel, manufacturing or construction.
- Strong WHS awareness and attitude
- Willing to learn new technologies and systems and develop your technical support capabilities.
- Electrical Licences for other states including QLD & VIC an advantage.
- HV Switching ticket – desirable.
- Willing to work remotely on-site as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified electrical tradesperson to work in a role that provides a strong technical fault-finding and troubleshooting aspect to your role and maintaining some on-tools practical work.
Interested? Is this for you?
Apply below by sending your resume and cover letter to Jonathan Pelham in our 360HR Wollongong office. For a confidential conversation call Jonathan on 0447 420 605.