- Global Power Technologies Company – Australian Renewable Energy sector
- Solar Power Inverter Technician – Based in Wollongong and will also support MW utility size solar farms in QLD & NSW
- Salaried Full-time Role new role created through continued growth and expansion.
Our client is a global power technologies company employing over 3800 people in 16 countries worldwide. This leading OEM of power conversion technology supplied the power stations for numerous utility-scale, particularly in QLD & NSW.
The commissioning and service division is growing again, and more solar farms are completed and become operational across Australia. We are seeking the next skilled and motivated technician to join this high calibre team.
We are recruiting an experienced Industrial Electrician / Electrical Technician to support the Inverter Systems on several utility-scale grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) solar plants. You will be based in Wollongong, NSW and your primary focus will be to provide commissioning, and aftersales service and support to the inverter systems installed on utility-scale solar power generation.
You will support solar farms mainly across NSW and QLD as required, and your role will likely involve travel in 20 weeks or more across the year.
Commissioning of new systems, and scheduled and preventative service and repair as required across numerous solar plants, with a key focus on the power conversion inverter systems.
- Work adhering strictly to all HSE systems, procedures & regulations
- Perform commissioning, scheduled and breakdown maintenance including;
- Troubleshooting mechanical & electrical issues on solar power generation equipment
- Mechanical & Electrical component maintenance, repair & replacement
- Testing & Diagnostics analysis
- Remote access to systems to identify, diagnose and resolve faults and alarms.
- Document all work using computer-based service reporting procedures
Will have a minimum of 2 years post-trade experience relating to operations/maintenance or commissioning activities, and your knowledge and skills should include most (if not all) of the following;
- Experience with power systems, ideally power conversion inverter systems (although not essential)
- DC electricity, AC electricity, and electronics
- Familiar with Voltage Testers, Multi-meters, Amp clamps, Oscilloscopes, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out- Tag Out, fiber-optics, Electric Static Discharge (ESD), Accumulator Charging, soldering, fasteners, etc
- Read & interpret electrical schematics & mechanical diagrams
- Computer efficiency; Remote access to systems, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work to project deadlines as needed
- Full Australian Drivers Licence
- Suitability fit & healthy and able to work outdoors in remote, sometimes extreme climate.
- Strong culture and awareness of safety systems and procedures
This is a great career opportunity for the right person, to learn and develop new skills and experience in the exciting and fast growing-renewables energy sector.
Is this your future career?
Apply without delay……we are ready to hire! For a confidential discussion, contact Jonathan Pelham on 02 4225 2223.