- Gordon Based Jewellery Industry Leader
- Support the Event Management Team and IT Manager
- Career Development Opportunity
Are you working in travel or event co-ordination and looking for a great career development opportunity?
Our client is a highly reputable market leader in the provision of retail services to the jewellery industry. They have a large client group of independent jewellers throughout Australia and New Zealand. They arrange regular events including trade fairs and conferences for their retail and third-party clients. They also provide a range of support services including advice on client IT office systems and websites.
To support their client groups, they are looking for a talented person to join their team as an Event and Project Support Officer.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the event management team – including management of event registrations and associated travel and accommodation bookings, using travel and event management software
- Support the IT Manager – in providing the retail client network with IT advice including complex Office 365 issues and website assistance
- Maintain the company website, company dashboards, uploads and online directories
- Support project-based activities and liaise regularly with the retail client network
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Some related experience (2-3 years) in travel and event co-ordination and bookings
- Knowledge of travel (Sabre) and event management (EventsAir) software, or the ability to learn these as required
- Experience with EventsAir interactive sites and mobile apps will be an advantage
- Good understanding of websites and web page maintenance
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) including database mail merges
- Excellent people/interpersonal skills in working with a range of external parties and team members
- Confidence, professionalism and a passion for customer service
- Well-developed communication and listening skills
This is a full-time permanent position and offers the opportunity for expert on the job training, a competitive salary and a bonus opportunity.
If you think you have the skills to meet the challenge of this role, please apply and attach your resume.