- MAKE A SEA CHANGE – a booming economy, coastal lifestyle, easy access to Sydney, even better access to the South coast!!!!
- Illawarra’s Leading Industrial Engineering & Fabrication Company
- Key Leadership Position – Strong & Defined Career Progression Opportunity
- Competitive Salary + Vehicle + relocation assistance
We are seeking an experienced Fabrication Supervisor for the Illawarra’s No.1 heavy industrial engineering & fabrication company, servicing the Mining, Steel, Manufacturing & Infrastructure sectors for over 30 years.
The business employs approximately 100 people, mainly consisting of trades & apprentices as well as the support staff needed to run one of the region’s leading specialists in engineering fabrication & repair of heavy industrial components. The Fabrication Shop has some of the best capability in Australia, welding to all codes, and able to fabricate very large custom industrial projects.
As the Fabrication Shop Supervisor, you will provide day-to-day supervision of the shop to ensure all works are delivered in a safe, timely manner, and to specification. As 2iC to the Fab Shop Manager you will lead the shop floor fabrication team;
- Manage through your team leaders to ensure quality work is carried out safely, accurately and to scope of work and budgets.
- Scheduling day-to-day activities of your team of boilermakers, welders & apprentices.
- Procure, organise and arrange materials, plant & equipment.
- Prepare job procedures / SWMS as required.
- Conduct Pre-start toolbox meetings with your team and assist in the delivery of monthly safety meetings.
- Develop your people through training and leadership, ensuring succession planning to support growth and progress for yourself and your team.
- Develop solid working relationships with customer representatives, and ensure jobs are delivered on time and all documentation completed.
- Trade Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (Boilermaker preferred, Welding Inspector Certificates desirable).
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of a broad range of fabrication techniques and welding codes including working with a variety of fabrication drawings.
- Experienced in fabrication supervision in a relevant industrial engineering environment.
- Strong people skills with the ability to develop and improve team performance.
- Ability and drive to learn and develop your capability towards senior management.
This role suits an experienced supervisor looking to join a well-established reputable company and seeking professional development. This company is strong, capable and progressive and is looking for a motivated person to join their leadership team and continue to drive the business into the future. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle, training & support, and a long-term career opportunity.
Is this you? Want to know more?