- Entry Level/Junior Scientific and Technical role
- Excellent Career Experience Opportunity – Iconic Australian Steelmaker
- Approx. 10-12 months duration – Pt Kembla location (potential to progress)
- Immediate Start Available
Our client is Australia’s largest steelmaker, and this exciting role is located at their fully integrated Steelworks in Pt Kembla. This position will provide an engaging, interesting and challenging employment opportunity for a person seeking industrial experience with a world-class company, with a reputation for leading the field in innovation, Quality, safety and smart & efficient systems & processes. This experience has the potential to launch your technical career.
Working in a team of scientific, engineering & technical specialists, you will play a key support role in the team. You will enjoy a combination of work on the manufacturing floor, laboratory & office. You will receive training and support across all tasks you will perform, which could include but not limited to;
- Monitor & ensure product quality by sampling, testing & analysing results
- Assist in R&D and innovative product and process improvement projects
- Collaborate with technical colleagues across different labs on the plant, including driving work vehicles across the site to collect & drop-off samples
- Produce & present reports to senior technical personnel
- Provide general support to technical staff
- Calibrate precision measurement & testing equipment & machinery
- Review & monitor product & process performance & compliance
- Participate in technical projects
- Current study or completed tertiary qualifications or in a science-based discipline (chemistry, materials, or metallurgy is favourable)
- Practical hands-on approach to tasks & technical problem solving and application
- Exposure to an industrial environment or laboratory (desirable)
- Driving license
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data and interpret & present the results
- Ability to learn & use computer-based information management systems
This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking to gain further industry experience and you will advance and develop your career opportunities with a broadened skill set and capabilities.
There is an immediate start available for the successful candidate, apply without delay as we will be assessing applications as they are submitted.