- Newly created role within small team
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary package plus packaging
Our Client develops and runs support and educational programs for people affected by this disease. This is an exciting time to join as they are poised for new growth and fresh vision. Reports to the Senior Support Coordinator
Through an in-depth understanding of the NDIS and of the purpose of support coordination, you will contribute to the operation of the NDIS Support Coordination service in NSW through service delivery and continuous improvement for clients. You will establish supportive collaborative relationships; coordinate and optimise supports with local communities; and build capacity in clients and their support networks regarding their NDIS plan.
What we are looking for
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services or Health and/or a Certificate 4 (minimum) in Mental Health, Disability or Dementia Care
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in the coordination of disability supports, ideally in an NDIS environment
- An understanding of progressive neurological disease
- a current driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- NDIS workers Orientation module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ Certificate
- Contribute to Service outcomes and continuous improvement
- Work with the Senior Support Coordinator to expand the service to support NDIS participants and their support networks to build capacity to coordinate their NDIS plans
- Negotiate appropriate support and services, and connect support and mainstream services
- Maintain and improve operational practices and guidelines that promote professionalism and consistency.
- Coordinate supports for individuals and families within their homes and in the community.
- Report monthly to the Senior Support Coordinator on measures of performance and effectiveness, areas of improvement, and cases for advocacy for the NDIS Support coordination service.
- Identify opportunities to educate the community, health and NDIS professionals on how people are socially impacted and the language that is needed to promote this in the NDIS arena.
How to apply
Before applying, request the PD.