- Role is 1 hour from Newcastle
- Working on the NBN program
- Construction of Infrastructure
Our client, one of Australia’s leading optical fibre and data specialists, has been delivering results for telecommunications companies since 1997. They are currently seeking a Project Engineer to schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all technical activities aiming to assuring project delivery from start to completion.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned project
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
- Prepare overall quality control of the work, this includes:
- Report regularly internally and externally on project/program status
- Manage internal and external resources to deliver designs and contraction deadlines
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with Area Supervisor and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders regarding design and construction related matters and ensure technical uses are efficiently resolved.
- Review project deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the clients, staff, consultants and sub-contractors to ensure the smooth delivery of project.
You will have exposure to similar project environments and an understanding of engineering activities. In addition;
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field experience
- Proven work experience as a project engineer and/or 3+ years in the telecommunication construction industry
- Strong understanding of latest WH&S and Environmental legislation
- Familiarity with IT based Systems
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisation software such as AutoCAD
- Valid Drivers’ Licence
Your professional approach, ability to manage conflict, time management skills and emotional intelligence will be essential for success in this role.
For more information on this position, please call Peter Landis on 0414 456 301.