- Iconic Australian Food Manufacturing Business – Market Leader, Strong & Growing Company
- Career Opportunity – Leadership Role
- Diverse Range of Products, Multiple Processes & 24/7 Integrated Processing Plant
We are currently seeking an experienced Microbiologist to join the technical team in a leadership role at a large and complex food manufacturing and processing plant in the Shoalhaven, on the beautiful NSW South coast, for one of Australia’s leading food manufacturers. The company has been operating for over 60 years, and has grown and changed with the times, and is now a major producer of food consumed domestically and overseas. A senior position will become vacant as a long serving employee is relocating from the area and we are seeking an experienced microbiologist to take the reins on this senior position.
Confident to lead and mentor a small team (yourself + 1 other) and work collaboratively with the R&D team, in an on-plant laboratory, you will ensure that microbiological testing across all sites is carried out accurately and to correct standards.
A hands-on technical role, working within an experienced scientific team, you will be involved in technical engagements with customer’s (Microbiologists) and other stakeholders to discuss & resolve technical issues that may arise.
You will develop, improve and manage testing procedures and ensure that best practice is adopted and nurture a culture of continuous improvement, and your key responsibilities will include:-
- Leadership role including mentoring and developing of your Assistant Microbiologist (experienced and capable Microbiologist)
- Hands-on sampling of finished products from across the plant
- Testing & Reporting on results to ensure Quality & Safety of the finished product including;
- Plating (agar gels)
- Microscopy work
- Salmonella testing
- Liaise proactively with Production to resolve issues and continually improve on Production processes
- Significant experience in a relevant role, ideally within a food processing environment
- Degree qualified in a scientific stream, with core Microbiology qualification
- Sound understanding of microbiological sampling & testing procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Australian standards and a sound appreciation of international standards such as ISO.
- Experienced in technical problem solving (on-plant) to identify, investigate and resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage with technical & non-technical people.
- Leadership abilities, guide, support and mentor.
This is a fantastic lifestyle opportunity on the NSW South Coast, offering a rewarding and progressive technical career with a market leading producer and highly successful Australian company. This role will suit a person seeking a long-term stable position, with a company that values its people as its key assets.
Interested? Want to know more?
To be considered please submit your resume and covering letter via the APPLY NOW form below or call Jonathan Pelham on 0447 420 605 for a confidential discussion before applying.