Seeking an experienced software developer with a strong background in mathematics or physics and a passion for involvement in Australia’s growing space sector.
Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) will underpin Australia’s future National Positioning Infrastructure. We are developing custom built GNSS processing software to generate data products to facilitate accurate, real-time positioning on a national basis. The successful candidate will join an existing team of software developers and science experts to accelerate delivery of this ambitious and exciting project.
The role is for 2.5 years duration and will be based in Canberra. The successful candidate will work within a team of developers and discipline experts focused on progressing the software development task. Communication and cooperation with other team members is vital to productivity and success. The position reports to the project’s Technical Leader.
- Work with GNSS scientists, engineers and other developers to develop robust and efficient software to produce multi-GNSS software products and real-time data streams
- Provide technical advice to GNSS scientists, engineers and other developers
- Design and implement software solutions within a cloud environment
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and maintain a positive culture of continuous improvement and user engagement
- Develop software in C/C++ and/or Python in a Unix and/or Linux environment
- Improve the performance and computational efficiency of real-time multi-GNSS models
- Help manage software version benchmarking, testing and release
- Other duties as necessary for the successful completion of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or any related field with an emphasis in scientific computing, or demonstrated experience in these fields
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Unix or Linux-based operating systems
- Demonstrated skills in programming and debugging in C/C++
- Experience using Git or a similar source code control environment
- Experience developing software in a team environment with software engineering tools and processes
- Experience in Agile project methodologies
- Strong mathematics and/or physics background
- Experience with distributed computing and multithreading architectures
- Experience with cloud-based environments
- Experience with open-source software projects and development processes